The BMW Mountains digital mountain platform has so far been primarily focused on winter sports. In order to reach even more people, she also wanted to open up to broader outdoor themes and accompany her users' mountain experiences all year round - while at the same time taking account of changing usage habits.
Maximum mountain experience - BMW Mountains
- Comprehensive relaunch of the platform www.bmw-mountains.com, which has been in operation since 2013
- Implementation in Responsive Design in platform’s CI, optimisation for mobile devices
- Available in 5 language and 10 country versions
- Seamless networking of BMW Mountains and BMW xDrive Cup through UX Design
- Integration of real-time interfaces, e.g. ski pass scan while on the move
- Services: Creation, conception, UX design, social media editing
- Balance to date. 40,000 registered users, 130,000 shared photos and videos, 31 million points collected
What's interesting is what's relevant. So first of all we changed the User Journey fundamentally: Users now land on a personal landing page, are addressed there individually and now have a personal area where they can easily collect and share their own mountain experiences.
Since websites are now primarily used for mobile purposes, we have also designed the site to be completely responsive. For example, the ski pass can now be scanned directly on the ski slope with a smartphone - this immediately earns points that can be exchanged directly for new experiences.
At the same time we opened the site for much broader topics than before: Hiking, climbing, mountain biking - everything that is fun in the mountains. At the same time we opened the site for much broader topics than previously: Hiking, climbing, mountain biking - everything that is enjoyable in the mountains.
Various influencer campaigns and a comprehensive social media package further enhance the user experience.